Baselining your Requirements Document creates a snapshot of your requirements document at the moment in time when the baseline is created. All document entities, their relationships and attributes will be captured.
Creating a New Document Baseline
- To create a new document baseline, open the requirements document you wish to baseline and click the 'Baseline' button.
- The 'Create New Baseline' panel will appear, where you may enter a name for the new baseline. Type in a 'Baseline Name' and click the 'Create' button.
- Once the new baseline has been created, the only visual cue will be a color change from yellow to blue of the baseline indicator (the left-most block of color on every row of your requirements document.
Reviewing an Existing Document Baseline
- To review an existing document baseline, within your requirements document, click on the 'Switch To:' drop-down menu, showing the name of the document artifact currently being displayed.
- This opens a drop-down menu, allowing the you to switch between the current and baselined versions of your project's requirements document. Select a version to view.
*Note: All statement and requirement entities, their relationships and attributes, will be displayed as if you have reverted back to a previous version of the requirements document that you selected. All baselines are displayed as read-only. To go back to editing your document, switch back to your current working copy using the same drop-down 'Switch To:' menu.