The key to quickly identifying potential problems with your requirements in Innoslate is the automatic Quality Check feature built into Documents with a Requirements Document label. The Quality Check feature runs several automatic checks against each of the requirements in your document. A Quality Score is then determined accordingly and suggestions are provided for how to improve each requirement.
By default in Documents View, there is a Quality Score column displayed. Requirements that have not been scored yet will show a Quality Score of 0 percent. After running a Quality Check, this column displays the resultant percentage from 0 to 100 depending on the number of quality indicator attributes determined to be true using the automatic checks.
Built-In Quality Indicator Attributes
Innoslate provides the following quality indicator attributes built into the database schema of the Requirement class:
|Clear||Explicit and not confusing to readers.||Yes|
|Complete||Expresses a whole, single idea, and not portions of one or many.||Yes|
|Consistent||Does not conflict with other requirements.||Yes|
|Correct||Describes the user’s intent and legally possible.||No|
|Design||Does not impose a specific solution (“what” not “how”).||Yes|
|Feasible||Implementable with existing or projected technology and within cost and schedule.||No|
|Traceable||Uniquely identifiable and able to be tracked to predecessor and successor lifecycle entities.||Yes|
|Verifiable||Proves within realistic cost and schedule that the architecture meets the requirement.||Yes|
* Note: Only six of the eight attributes can be checked automatically (Clear, Complete, Consistent, Design, Traceable, and Verifiable), for a maximum automatic score of 75 percent.
Automatically Analyze All Document Entities
Here is an example of a document with requirements before running the Quality Check.
- To run the Quality Check, click the More dropdown button in the Document's toolbar.
- Next, select Quality Check from the list.
- You will briefly see a spinner indicating the Quality Check function is currently running.
- Once the Quality Check is complete, the Quality Score for each of the Requirement entities displayed in the Document will be updated. After running the automatic Quality Check, a progress bar will be displayed indicating a percentage of 0 through 100 (with a maximum achievable score of 75 percent at this stage).
Here is an example of a document with requirements after running the Quality Check.
You also have the ability to manually review the remaining two quality attributes (Correct, Feasible), to be able to attain a "Quality Score" up to 100 percent, indicating a requirement of the highest quality.
* Note: Only document entities of the schema-based class Requirement are evaluated by the Quality Check.