The 'Performer' of a 'Use Case' construct can be assigned in the 'Use Case Diagram' via drag-and-drop. Both the “to-be” performed 'Use Case' and the 'Performer' constructs must be added to the diagram first before the performer can be assigned.
- Within the 'Use Case Diagram,' select the 'Performer' which you would like to assign to a 'Use Case.'
- Click the green circle and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the green circle over to the 'Use Case' of your choice.
- When the parent 'Use Case' oval highlights green, release the left mouse button to add a performs/performed by relationship.
- Once added to the diagram, the new relationship should appear as an arrow between the 'Performer' and 'Use Case' constructs.
- Click the 'Save' button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project’s database.
* Note: The above process describes using the 'New' tab of the left sidebar, which automatically generates a new entity to represent each new diagram construct. If you would like to reuse existing entities from your database to represent a new construct, use the 'Existing' tab instead.
For more information on this construct and how it is represented in the database model, see Use Case Diagram Constructs.