A 'State' construct can be added to a 'State Machine Diagram' via drag-and-drop.
- Within a 'State Machine Diagram,' click the 'State (Characteristic)' icon in the 'New' tab of the left sidebar and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the 'State (Characteristic)' icon over to the adjacent diagram canvas.
- Release the left mouse button while over the diagram canvas to drop the new 'State' and add it to the diagram.
Notice the 'State' stays selected once it has been dropped. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for functions which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to include additional 'Metadata,' 'Attributes,' and 'Relationships' tabs.
- Once added to the diagram, enter a meaningful 'Name' for your new 'State' via the 'Attributes' tab of the left sidebar (focused automatically for convenience).
- Click the 'Save' button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project’s database.
* Note: For more information on this construct and how it is represented in the database model, see State Machine Diagram Constructs.