- Help Center
- User’s Guide
- Diagrams View
- Diagram Types
- SysML Diagrams
- Requirement Diagram
- Adding an Entity
Adding an Entity
Last modified on June 12th, 2020.
An entity can be added to a 'Requirement Diagram' via drag-and-drop.
* Note: The above process describes using the 'New' tab of the left sidebar, which automatically generates a new entity to represent each new diagram construct. If you would like to reuse existing entities from your database to represent a new construct, use the 'Existing' tab instead.
For more information on this construct and how it is represented in the database model, see Requirement Diagram Constructs.
- Within a 'Requirement Diagram,' select from the drop-down which schema-based class of entities you would like to add to the diagram. Search or scroll within the drop-down to find your desired class if need be.
* Note: By default, the schema-based class Requirement is selected; however, the overall process is the same regardless of the selected class. Going forward, this example will use the Action class.
- Click the Action entity icon in the 'New' tab of the left sidebar and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the Action entity icon over to the adjacent diagram canvas.
- Release the left mouse button while over the diagram canvas to drop the new Action entity and add it to the diagram.
Notice the entity stays selected once it has been dropped. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for functions which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to include additional 'Metadata,' 'Attributes,' and 'Relationships' tabs.
- Once added to the diagram, enter a meaningful 'Name' for your new Action entity via the 'Attributes' tab of the left sidebar (focused automatically for convenience).
- Click the 'Save' button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project's database.