'Containment' can be assigned within a 'Package Diagram' via drag-and-drop. Both the "to-be" parent and child 'Package' constructs must be added to the diagram first, before containment can be assigned.
- Within a 'Package Diagram,' select the 'Package' construct you would like to assign as the parent.
- Click the green circle and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the green circle over to the child 'Package' of your choice.
- When the child 'Package' box highlights green, release the left mouse button over the 'containment' section to add a decomposed by relationship.
- Once added to the diagram, the new relationship should appear as a circle with a plus sign, with a solid line from the parent to the child 'Package' construct.
- Click the 'Save' button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project's database.