A Parent ‘Asset’ construct can be added to an ‘Interface Control Diagram’ via clicking on and selecting an asset from the left or right parent asset panel shown below. A Parent ‘Asset’ must be added to the diagram first before any Child ‘Asset’ constructs can be added.
- Within an ‘Interface Control,’ click the ‘Left Parent Asset’ or ‘Right Parent Asset’ panel.
- A drop-down will appear and a list of Assets will appear.
- To filter Assets, type the name of the Asset to query the database.
- Select the desired Asset to have to appear on the ‘Interface Control Diagram’.
Notice the ‘Asset’ stays selected once it has been added. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for Parent ‘Asset’ which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to include additional ‘Metadata,’ ‘Attributes,’ and ‘Relationships’ tabs.
- Once you deselect the Parent ‘Asset’, all of the children that are decomposed by the Parent ‘Asset’ will automatically be brought into the diagram.
- Click the ‘Save’ button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project’s database.
For more information on this construct and how it is represented in the database model, see Interface Control Diagram Constructs.