- Help Center
- User’s Guide
- Diagrams View
- Diagram Types
- General Diagrams
- ICOM Diagram
- Adding an Entity
Adding an Entity
Last modified on June 12th, 2020.
An entity can be added to an 'ICOM Diagram' via drag-and-drop.
* Note: The above process describes using the 'New' tab of the left sidebar, which automatically generates a new entity to represent each new block. If you would like to reuse existing entities from your database in your diagram, use the 'Existing' tab instead.
- Within an 'ICOM Diagram,' ensure you do not currently have a Input/Output/Control or Mechanism selected, and click the corresponding icon in the 'New' tab of the left sidebar and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the entity over to the adjacent diagram canvas.
- Release the left mouse button while over the diagram canvas.Notice the entity stays selected once it has been dropped. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for functions which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to show the 'Metadata,' 'Attributes' and 'Relationships' tabs.
- Enter a meaningful 'Name' for your new entity via the 'Attributes' tab of the left sidebar (focused automatically for convenience).
- Click the 'Save' button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project's database.