Hierarchy Chart has the ability to calculate and display an entities’ rolled-up attribute values up to 25 levels of hierarchy or roll-up attributes from entities visible on the chart. With Numbers, Durations, Enumerations, and Multiselects, the Hierarchy Chart Rollup can easily roll up their values and allow you to apply those values as the attribute value in the parent entity.
- Within a ‘Hierarchy Chart,’ click an Entity you would like to have rolled-up and click the ‘Rollup’ button on the toolbar.
- Check/Uncheck ‘Roll Up Only Visible Entities’ check box. Which if checked will only Rollup the attributes of entities visible on the diagram. If left unchecked it will roll-up from 25 levels of ‘decomposed by’ relationships.
- Click on the drop-down and select which attribute you would like to see rolled up.
- Configure a Rollup Attribute Value
- In the case of a Number or Duration, you may select the number of decimal places to round to before applying the value to the entity. The maximum amount of decimal places you may round to is 15. Please see below.
- Applying a Roll up Attribute Value
- After selecting and configuring your rollup attribute, click ‘Apply Attribute’. If it is a Number, the value of the number rounded to the selected decimal place will be applied. If it is a Duration, the value rounded to the selected decimal place and highest unit of time in the hierarchy will be applied. If it is an Enumeration or Multiselect, the value with the highest number of occurrences will be applied.
- After clicking ‘Apply Attribute’, verify the attribute has changed in Entity View.