An entity can be added to a 'Hierarchy Chart' via drag-and-drop.
- Within a 'Hierarchy Chart,' click the 'Action' icon in the 'New' tab of the left sidebar and continue to hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the 'Action' icon over top of the entity of your choice, which will become the parent action.
- When the entity block highlights green, release the left mouse button to drop the new child entity and add it to the diagram.
Notice the entity block stays selected once it has been dropped. Since it is selected, the toolbar changes to include buttons for functions which can be used on the construct. The sidebar also changes to include additional 'Metadata,' 'Attributes' and 'Relationships' tabs.
- Once added to the diagram, enter a meaningful 'Name; for your new entity via the 'Attributes' tab of the left sidebar (focused automatically for convenience).
- Click the 'Save' button located on the toolbar to persist your changes to your project’s database.
* Note: The above process describes using the 'New' tab of the left sidebar, which automatically generates a new entity to represent each new block. If you would like to reuse existing entities from your database to represent a new block, use the 'Existing' tab instead.