Within 'Diagrams Dashboard,' users can create a new diagram by clicking the ‘[icon name="circle-plus" prefix="fal"] Create Diagram’ button in the top right corner of the page.
Clicking the '[icon name="circle-plus" prefix="fal"] Create Diagram' button will open the Create Diagram dialog where you will be directed through the process of creating a new diagram.
Creating a New Diagram
- Choose Which Type of Diagram to Create
On step 1, select a 'Diagram Type' from a drop-down menu of LML, SysML, and General diagram types.
- Click the 'Next' button.
- Specify New Root Action Information
On step 2, you will be prompted to input a diagram ‘Name,’ ‘Number’, and ‘Description’. The 'Description' is optional; however, you must enter either a 'Name' or a 'Number'. Once you're ready to create the chosen diagram, click the ‘Finish’ button.
- If you specified a name or number correctly, you will then be taken to your new diagram.
Creating Diagram From Existing Entity
- You can also create diagrams from existing entities by clicking the [icon name="caret-down" prefix="fas"] button dropdown just to the right of the ‘[icon name="circle-plus" prefix="fal"] New Diagram’ button and then clicking 'Create from Existing Entity' from the dropdown menu.
- Follow the same first two steps as the 'Create New Diagram' section. This time, however, you will see an entity multiselect in the 'Specify' tab. Choose the entity (you may need to search for it by name or number if it's not in the list right away) you wish to create the diagram for.
- Click 'Finish' to route to your newly created diagram for the existing entity selection.
Note: You may also create new or open existing diagrams for an entity at any time by clicking the 'Open Dropdown' and then choosing the desired 'Diagram Type' from the dropdown menu.
To learn more about how to use the diagram framework, watch the video below.[embed width="700" height="600"]https://youtu.be/1Q70zV3uyMw[/embed]