Within 'Charts Dashboard,' users can create a new chart by clicking the '[icon name="circle-plus" prefix="fal"] Create Chart' button in the top right corner of the page.
Clicking the '[icon name="circle-plus" prefix="fal"] Create Chart' button will open the Create Charts Modal where you will be directed through the process of create a new diagram.
Creating a New Chart
- Choose Which Type of Chart to Create
On step 1, select a 'Chart Type' from a drop-down menu.
- Click the 'Next' button.
- Specify New Root Information
On step 2, you will be prompted to input a diagram ‘Name,’ ‘Number’, and ‘Description’. The 'Description' is optional; however, you must enter either a 'Name' or a 'Number'. Once you're ready to create the chosen chart, click the ‘Finish’ button.
- If you specified a name or number correctly, you will then be taken to your new chart.
Creating Chart From Existing Entity
- You can also create charts from existing entities by clicking the [icon name="caret-down" prefix="fas"] button dropdown just to the right of the ‘[icon name="circle-plus" prefix="fal"] New Chart’ button and then clicking 'Create from Existing Entity' from the dropdown menu.
- Follow the same first two steps as the 'Create New Chart' section. This time, however, you will see an entity multiselect in the 'Specify' tab. Choose the entity (you may need to search for it by name or number if it's not in the list right away) you wish to create the chart for.
- Click 'Finish' to route to your newly created chart for the existing entity selection.